Monday, March 21, 2016

Make It Monday Video Tutorial: Ink Blending Over Embossing...

Happy Spring! I'm up with today's Make It Monday video #243 at Papertrey Ink this week, and I thought I would show you a technique of ink blending over a heat embossed/stamped image, like I did here on these two cards! It creates a pretty dimension to the design! You can try it on a whole background, part of a background like I did here, or maybe just on a focal point.
For stamps on these two cards, I've used the new Bloomin' Cute flowers and dies, the Bloomin' Cute Sentiment dies, the Background Basics: Text Style stamps, and the You've Been Framed: Oval stamps and dies.
Isn't it funny how different a design can look by simply using different colors?

Visit Nichole Heady's blog to see the video tutorial on these two projects! Thank you for stopping by today. Send me a link if you give this a try, would love to see how it inspired you!

My girls are off for Spring Break all this week, so I'm off to try to figure out how to keep them busy all week. :) Have a great one!

Danielle

5 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Beautiful cards!!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

What a great MIM Dani and your cards are so beautiful too! I'm going to have to CASE these lovelies! Have a great day and Spring Break with your girls! My youngest daughter is coming home for Spring Break next week and I'm very excited. I hope all is going well with you.

Kathy Mc said...

Love your cards, Danielle, and this technique! I love the pretty dimension this adds and will definitely make more cards blending inks over heat embossed images. Just posted mine on Nichole's blog. Hope you and your girls are coping OK with the blizzard there today!

Greta said...

Hope you had a great Spring Break week with your girls, Danielle! Just stopped by to say your cards for MIM are some of my favorites--so beautifully feminine! I love emboss resist & ended up with a whole panel of it, but you've inspired me to make a card with just a little like you did. Hugs, Greta

Leigh Penner said...

These are beautiful, Danielle!