Sunday, February 8, 2015

Honoring Moms!

For today's group post, we are highlighting some of the new Mother's Day products that are coming out this month at Papertrey Ink! I can't tell you how much I love the new Bitty Bouquets stamps and dies! I stamped a few different ones here and tucked them around the new Keep It Simple Frames dies. I can see so many uses for these!

Hopefully you can see the beautiful embossed stitched detail on the frame. And the Sheer Basics Vellum paper pack is new to Papertrey Ink too! You get 3 sheets of 6 different patterns in an 8.5 x 11" format. I'll be using these quite a bit, love them! :)


Don't you think the card above could be used for so many occasions? I was thinking Mother's Day, but now that I look at it more, it reminds me of Easter. The "enjoy" is embossed with white embossing powder. I tried to stamp onto the vellum with permanent ink, but the polkadots resist the ink, so embossing is the way to go on this sheer vellum paper if you are going to be stamping on it!

Enjoy card:
STAMPS: Bitty Bouquets, Mini Blooms (tiny light pink flowers)
INK: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Simply  Chartreuse, Spring Moss
PAPER: Sheer Basics Vellum, Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Summer Sunrise Bitty Dot
DIES: Bitty Bouquets, Keep It Simple Frames
OTHER: white embossing powder.
______

Next if you have a mom that's not really a pink person, I have one more that has a little more modern color combination, yet still feminine. :)

This card utilizes the Keep It Simple Frames dies again, love these. And the Bitty Bouquets. And the Sheer Basics Vellum. The sentiment is from a new stamp set called Tucked In: Mother, meant to be tucked inside, but you can see I used it on the front of the card instead of the inside! Works both ways, if you ask me!

The vellum can be easily attached under the flower bouquets where you won't see the adhesive. I tied the seam binding around the frame to hold it on.


Words Can't Express card:
STAMPS: Tucked In: Mother: Bitty Bouquets
INK: True Black, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss
PAPER: white and gray cardstock, Sheer BasicsVellum Paper Pack
DIES: Bitty Bouquets, Keep It Simple Frames, Edgers #4
OTHER: seam binding by Zipperstop.
______

Visit Nichole Heady's blog for more details on these products and how you can win a year of free stamps! Also, you can be entered to win an $80 gift certificate by building a bouquet on a card cover by combining more than one floral set like I did on my first card.  Good luck and have fun with it!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are amazing. However, my eyes are drawn to that gorgeous vellum. My butterfly dies and I thank you! :)

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it..so gorgeous..LOVE the vellum so very much too!

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle I love the new vellum papers! And your cards are so beautiful!!! Love how you combined the bouquets!! Spring is in the air with these beauties!

jan metcalf said...

Your new vellum papers will be very fun to work with!

Betty Sue said...

So beautiful! Love the vellum! Actually love everything so far...yikes!

Lexi Wirtas said...

I love these vellums and your cards with the new mini flowers are awesome just like you. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenelle said...

Wow! Your cards are amazing and I just love those vellum papers!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your cards are so pretty, Danielle! And I LOVE the vellum you designed -- I'll be ordering that for sure!

Crestajune said...

I love these cards... all of the layers and colors are just wonderful... and that vellum! I am going to need some of that for sure! Thanks for the inspiration, Danielle! Hope you have a fantastic day!

JanetB said...

Beautiful cards! Love all the colors and combinations of layers.The vellum adds so much!

maria f. said...

OMG, yes, yes, yes to that vellum. Can't wait to see the other designs!

Megan Carroll said...

Love your cards Danielle and the velum! Can't wait to get some!!

klarcher said...

wonderful, I'm really liking the vellum

Kathy Mc said...

Very striking cards, Danielle, and love how you showed ways to use your newly designed Vellum. This will be a HUGE seller…guaranteed. WTG!

Natalie Winterstein said...

Love the patterned vellum and all your cards! Just gorgeous! :)

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! I love these pretty cards that you created. The pink is so eye popping and happy, the second so elegant. I love that just by changing the color choices can bring on a whole different mood this stamp set. Stunning design.

richardbreaks said...

Beautiful cards! So psyched about the vellums!

Grace said...

Love the cards. The way you used the vellum is gorgeous.

claudia shadler said...

such gorgeous cards and lovely sentiments for moms!

C

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

I am salivating with this release and the vellums are sooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!. Thanks for them and the inspiration!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kris said...

Sheer Vellum??? Mmm, mmm good!

nancy said...

Some more charming cards again today. I especially like the first cheerful card, but then, I'm a pink person.
I mentioned this on IG, but feel it's worth saying again. Thank you so much for bringing patterned vellum to PTI. I've been able to find a couple of styles in Michael's and Hobby Lobby, but not anywhere near the patterns you've designed. I really appreciate. Now, please, get started on learning Illustrator. Your designs are sure to be wonderful.

Nancy Penir said...

Can't wait to play with that vellum. Love every design, Dani, and you showcased it with your typical crafty goodness! Beautiful cards!

Sandy M said...

Loving the vellum. Your card design is very pretty.