Wednesday, January 28, 2015

resist stamping with watercolor...

You know me, I love my watercolors! I'm actually taking a watercolor class right now at Craftsy. Love learning more about this technique!

For today's blog post at Elle's Studio, I've done some stamping with the January stamps (hearts in background) with VersaMark ink, then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I painted over the top with my watercolor paints starting at the top with a darker, more saturated color, then adding more water to get a lighter color as I painted down the card for an ombre effect!

You can always add more color if it's not dark enough at first! Watercolor paper is an easy medium to work with for blending color.

After dry, I added some Elle's Studio die cuts and wood veneer that I've painted red. Visit the Elle's Studio blog for a complete supply list for these two cards and see a super cute Valentine card by Lisa Dickinson and one by Waleska Neris!

It's been so nice here, almost 70 degrees, so we have been enjoying the sunny, warm break from winter here in Colorado! Hope all is well with you. Happy crafting!

6 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

These are adorable!

maria f. said...

Wow. Gorgeous.

bernii miller said...

These are just so pretty ♥

Kalyn said...

Super gorgeous! I love the light and airy quality!

Patti Willey said...

so pretty! I love how water color can make cards look so organic, not so dressed up1 A super fun technique and I love this color pallet!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful Danielle!!!! Thanks for the photography post too! I am going to get a couple OTT Lites as I live in Seattle which has mostly dark overcast days and getting good daylight is rare for picture taking! Hoping it will help! :)