Sunday, September 14, 2014

Introducing Book Club...

Hello! Welcome back to the Papertrey Ink countdown, where we get to preview some of the new products coming out on the 15th of September. Today we are introducing a new set of bookmark dies, Basic Bookmarks #1, 2 and 3, and the Book Club stamp set by Papertrey Ink!

For my first project, I was trying to think of a clever way to give books as a gift. I wrapped the covers of the books in white corrugated cardboard. It's pliable and bends right around the books, and I just tucked the ends of the cardboard under the front and back covers. Then I wrapped a large doily, a hello tag and some twine around the book.

I tied on a little gift tag that I made with the bookmark dies and and the Book Club stamps and says, "A Gift For You".

Here is the inside of the gift tag, stamped with Book Club. What a neat saying.


To make the tag, I cut a Basic Bookmark #3 out of a gold foil embossed card. I left some space at the bottom of the arrows to stamp "A Gift For You".

Then I simply scored it in the center and folded it in half to create the tag, punched a hole and tied it on!


Next up is a card. I used the same process as above, but this time I created a pocket instead of a tag, folding it in half and then added a couple of stitches on the sides to hold the pocket together for a bookstore gift card on the front.


It's hard to get good pictures, but the gold is so pretty. I thought the "time flies" would be perfect to go with the book theme! Time flies when you are reading a good book!!

Last, 2 simple bookmarks. Again these are made with the white corrugated cardboard! Get out your crimpers, ladies! Let's bring it back into style.

These were die cut with Basic Bookmark #1. The one on the left was run through the die cutting machine a second time to cut the holes for the stitching. I used the new Embroidered Borders die for the holes, and just ran some floss up and down through the holes, very easy.

The second bookmark was stamped with Book Club stamps and then embellished with some leaves die cut with Doodlie-Do dies. Hope you enjoyed these ideas for gifts for book lovers!

Wrapped Books with Gift Tag:
STAMPS: Book Club
INK: True Black
PAPER: corrugated cardboard by Fancy Pants, Hello and arrow cards - Heidi Swapp/Michaels
DIES: Basic Bookmark #3
OTHER: twine, doily.

Time Flies card:
STAMPS: Book Club
INK: True Black
PAPER: Time Flies card - Heidi Swapp/Michaels
DIES: Basic Bookmark #3
OTHER: chipboard - Heidi Swapp/Michaels.

Bookmark Set:
STAMPS: Book Club
INK: True Black
PAPER: white corrugated paper by Fancy Pants Designs, patterned paper by Fancy Pants Designs, red cardstock by PTI, Simply Chartreuse Bitty Dot by PTI
DIES: Basic Bookmark #1, Doodlie-Do, Sparkle & Shine: Sequins
OTHER: floss, needle, seam binding - zipperstop.com.
______

Visit the rest of the team to see more!

20 comments:

Ruth G said...

I love how you've used the foiled cards on these projects - a great idea especially for those who aren't pocket scrappers! Wonderful quote choices, too, and fun ways to use the dies in creative ways! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

jan metcalf said...

Love all the details!!

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle I love these sweet ideas! The little pocket and folded tag! And love the crimped look too! Great texture! A beautiful post with all your wonderful sweet touches!

Keri said...

Lovin' on the crimper, baby! ;)

Beautiful projects, Danielle. So much inspiration.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all gorgeous, Danielle! I'm going to have a make a stop at Michael's the next time I go to Winnipeg -- I love the Heidi Swapp items you used!

Grace said...

Love. Love them all. Thank you for showing different ways to use the bookmark dies

Tracey McNeely said...

Danielle these are all gorgeous! The white and gold is so awesome together!

BeverlyBL said...

Love the crimped bookmarks. My paper never goes through straight. Yours are perfect.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Danielle! I have never been a fan of the "crimper" but seeing how elegant you make it look....I'm encouraged to try it - LOL

I also love how incorporated the HS papers :-)

Sandy M said...

Fabulous samples. Especially the last two bookmarks. I almost got rid of my crimper a while back but now I'm glad I didn't. Your sample brought lots of ideas.

Anonymous said...

Lovin' all the Book Club series!! Now little gifties will be a snap! Awesome examples - you really got me thinking!

Nancy Penir said...

Singing your praises this morning, lady! What great ideas for gifts, and beautiful too!

Kathie B said...

I am so impressed with these wonderful ideas to use for gifting my book loving friends. So many clever and really stunning projects here. Thanks so much for all the inspiration...

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you wrapped the books and the way you used the bookmark to make a pocket and a tag,

ruth m said...

Your projects are just beautiful, the recipient will go nuts! What a simple, really cool way to present someone with a great book or two! I have some questions, how does one do gold foil embossing-I don't think I've seen that before, what product did you use and where did you get it?
and HOW did you do it?

Leslie S. said...

Gorgeous projects & lovin' the gold & white!!!

Gina said...

I love how you used the HS Project Life cards with the PTI products. So wonderful!!! (is that not the most fabulous PL kit?! I love it...haven't used it yet, still pondering...I may use it in one of my girls' baby books.)

StephH said...

Danielle, I just swooned at your designs today! Wish I was the friend receiving your beautifully wrapped gift of book and tag! So elegant and classy - as I suspect you are IRL! :)

Petra Swart said...

Absolutely amazing projects Danielle!!! Love them!!!

Have a great week!!!

Kim S said...

You have an amazingly creative mind - the bookmark as a mini card and as a pocket - wonderful idea! Your projects are lovely.