Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ultimate Baby Inspiration...

((UPDATE: HERE is a video on how to make the felt roses that I've done on these booties.)) 

I have a sweet little baby ensemble to show you today! My project started out with these baby booties and then I made the tag to match and the card to coordinate also! Let's start with the card...

This is made with a new stamp set called Rattled. I used the new Instant Photo 1 die to cut the frame around it and stamped the dots with Polkadot Basics III. I popped it up with foam adhesive and tied seam binding around the frame before attaching. In the center, I used the Rattled stamps and dies. I used Glossy Accents on the rattle to make it shiny and dimensional. 

Oh Baby! card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Rattled, Polkadot Basics III
INK: Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
PAPER: Vintage Cream
DIES: Rattled, Instant Photo 1 die
OTHER: pearl by Melissa Frances, Glossy Accents - craft supply.
______

Next, we have some baby shoes made with the new Baby Booties dies and Baby Bootie Detail dies! Aren't they adorable? I can't wait to see what everyone else made with these. Erin Lincoln came up with these dies, and they are so creative! Now I really want to go to a baby shower (girl, of course!), so I can give them away!

The felt colors I chose for my booties were Vintage Cream, Lavender Moon and Spring Moss. These were WAY easier than I thought they were going to be to make. Erin's videos explain it perfectly! Not hard at all, just takes a little bit of time to get them all stitched up. I think this pair took me about an hour at the most, but I had so much fun and was amazed at the result when I was finished! (I ran to show my hubby, but he gave me a funny look! HA!) To be so excited about something like this...I guess men just don't "get it", do they?
To decorate the tops of these, I used the "Spatted Bow" with the scalloped edge. (Except I didn't use the bow piece on top, just the scalloped piece.) Instead of the bow, I made my own felt flower with a strip of felt and die cut leaves with the The Sweet Life dies. 


To add a little tag for the recipient, I cut the same scalloped die I used on the shoe, except this time I cut it out of cardstock instead of felt, so I could stamp on it. I stitched it up with cream floss to coordinate with the booties, then I used Rattled stamp set for the sentiment and bow on the tag.

Erin Lincoln has posted a video on how to use these dies to create baby booties. Watch it HERE. She shows you how to make all of the different kinds: Fringed Moccasins, Penny Loafers, Mary Janes, etc. Be sure to watch the main video first on making the basic bootie!

Baby Booties and Just For You Gift Tag:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Rattled
INK: Lavender Moon, Simply Chartreuse
PAPER: Vintage Cream
DIES: Baby Booties dies, Baby Booties Details dies, The Sweet Life dies (leaves), Rattled (bow on tag)
OTHER: Vintage Cream felt, Lavender Moon felt, Spring Moss felt, cream floss, safety pin, pearl by Melissa Frances.
______

What do you think, will you be getting these dies? They'll be available in just a couple of days, May 15th at 10 pm EST at Papertrey Ink. Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more baby booties!

30 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my goodness YES! I will be getting these dies! Your sweet booties are precious! Love the roses you made too! Your tag and card are so sweet also! Love the polka dots! :)

Diana K said...

Well, even my husband said "wow" when I showed him this, and he does not like to encourage me in any way when it comes to PTI! Off the Richter cuteness scale.

Cindy H. said...

Oh, Danielle, these baby booties are just darling! Love the colors and that beautiful flower.

Deborah R said...

Oh Danielle, these are just precious! What do men know? I don't have any babies in the family right now but must have these dies for my hope chest. :)
PS In the middle of your blog the picture is over your words except for a couple of letters lining each side of the picture so I can't read what you wrote. Any way to fix this on your end or mine? Your ideas are always so wonderful that I don't want to miss any of the goodness!

Tracy S said...

Hey Danielle, maybe your DH thought it was your way telling him he may be a daddy again? Ha. The booties are just adorable, thanks for sharing.

Danielle Flanders said...

OH! I didn't think of that, Tracey! Haha!

Grace said...

Adorable. Love your colors especially your rose.

Annette Allen said...

this is the cutest ever.. totally love it

jintyoo7 said...

Absolute CUTENESS and so very darling :)

Kathie B said...

I just love the rose on the booties. Such a beautiful spring-summer touch!

Deborah R said...

Hi again :) Is there a tutorial available on how to make the sweet felt roses or could you do one on make it Monday? Thanks

Anya said...

Wow! These are so cute!

Diane K said...

Thank you for your creativity, simply divine.

Kathy McDonald said...

Danielle, your booties are ADORABLE! I agree - a tutorial on how to make your gorgeous roses would be fabulous!

Danielle Flanders said...

Ok, ladies! I have a couple of cards left for the countdown, and then I'll try to make a quick video for you on the felt roses! Thanks for your nice comments!
Danielle

lexi said...

love, love your gift set, danielle - the colors on your rattle card are gorgeous and i'm so happy to see the bow used on it's own on the tag. i've been trying to use it separately too, but other ideas have taken over!!

Marybeth said...

LOVE THESE! Beautiful work and yes I cannot wait to have the dies. Love the coin purse dies

nautica97 said...

Wow the booties are so adorable,love these new dies!

dstandard said...

These are just soo adorable! Love the card and definitely adore the booties!

Dana Joy said...

All I can say is AMAZING!! These booties are adorable. Your cards are just as beautiful. Amazing work Danielle.

Lindsey said...

Totally in LOVE with these! They are just adorable and I love the matching tag/card, too.

robinann17 said...

The baby booties are darling to begin with - but your version is just delightful! Love the sweet roses and look forward to the video on how to make them. I have no babies in my life, but I must make these booties!!!! LOVE THEM!

Gerlinde said...

Wow, so beautiful!!!!Gerlinde from Vienna

Nancy Penir said...

Can't wait to own these dies! Just the most amazing inspiration from the DT today. Love your whole set. The rose on the top with leaf, so feminine!

StephH said...

Sure wasn't expecting all this cuteness today! Your little booties are so sweet in the colors you chose and those little roses are just the bomb!

Susan said...

These are my favorite of all the booties! Love the sweet roses, and YES - I'd love a tutorial on making them too! Gorgeous work Danielle!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous. Really like the colors against the black background and the pretty flowers on the booties.

Linda Nicholson said...

Oh my word, I think I felt a twinge in my ovaries looking at your ADORABLE little booties! Such a gorgeous color palette along with that pretty rose (so glad that you are going to show us how).

Linda

Cataleya said...

Oh Danielle, it's so sweet and beautiful baby booties! I can't wait to see a tutorial of this beauty! :)
~Olga Kovalchuk

jenmontzingo said...

I sure love these! I have made 50+ pairs of these but never seen such a sweet little rosette. In fact, I have a ton of flower/rose dies but the ones you made are cuter than anything I've seen! AND you said it was just from a strip of felt? For real?! Any chance you could do a tutorial or walk me through it? :) THANKS so much!