Friday, September 27, 2013

Studio Calico's October card kit, Antiquary...

It's that time again when the Studio Calico card kits (and all the other fun kits) are available - up for preorder at noon today. I used the main card kit, Antiquary, and the card kit add-on, Athens. Really loved the typography in this month's stamps!
On the first card, I loved the blue cardstock that came in the kit, so I stamped the big "happy" in Aqua Mist ink (by PTI), with another sentiment over the top in Ocean Tides. I stamped the flowers from the Athens add-on and colored them in with Copic markers.

The next card was stamped several times with Versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. I had an old gold mist in my stash by Tattered Angels that I just painted over the top with a paint brush. I wanted a warm color to go with the pretty autumn patterned papers in the kit.
The flower was die cut from vellum with Papertrey Ink's Lovely Layers dies. Love those gold buttons!

On this card, I used one of Shanna Noel's cut files, the Antiquary Thankful cut design with my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut it out of paper from the kit. I used ink refills by PTI to paint the background in Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold and Classic Kraft (red, orange, yellow and brown) with a sentiment stamped from the kit on the bottom.

And after I trimmed out the background for the card above, I had a little piece of cardstock left over with the "ends" of the painted brush strokes - loved how it looked, so I used it on another card.
Added some stamped hearts in matching colors and then stitched a bit.

Here I stamped the "thank you friend" in all different inks. Makes a quick, easy card. And it's fun to boot! (The twine is from my stash, not in the kits.)
You can use a circle punch to add some patterned paper to your cards by just punching a circle, trimming it in half and add a little hole to tie on a piece of twine.
Next up are a couple of teacher cards stamped with the apple from the stamp set!

On this one, I simply stamped the background with the apple. These stamps are two-step, so I stamped the outline in one color and the inside of the apple in another.
I used a Papertrey Ink die to trim the polkadot paper into a scallop: Edgers #4.

My favorite paper in the whole kit was this gray floral. I wanted to use it, but not cover it up too much, so this one has a simple design across the top.
The banner was cut out with the Bountiful Banners die. You can't see it well in these pics, but I shaded the banner with a blue Copic marker...from top to bottom so it kind of has an ombre effect on the banner. I think I may have used these gold dots on almost every card!

Last up is a fun one with the fruit stamps in the main card kit. I added the large leaves from the Athens add-on. The wooden buttons in the kit are to die for also!
You can see that I stamped the inside of the fruit separately and cut them out, then stitched them down the center.


So there you have it! 8 cards this month, and I could have kept going if I had more time in the day. Such fun stamps this time. I just got a peek of next month's card kit and you are gonna LOVE it with a capital L! I can't wait. These kits are getting better and better, I tell ya. Studio Calico is really listening to our feedback about what we as card makers want to see. :) Grab a kit today!

3 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

There are so many techniques/ideas here, just gonna go back and study each one over and over! Favorite? The Silhouette cut one. Might have to look into one of those! Hear there's all sorts of goodies to work with it. (software).

Holly Saveur said...

wow stunning cards!

Jessie said...

Dani these are awesome!! SO can not wait to get my kit!!