Tuesday, March 12, 2013

introducing Quick Stitch Sentiment Dies...

Papertrey Ink has lots of new goodies this month that will be released March 15th! Only a few days away! I was asked to feature these fun new dies called Quick Stitch Sentiments today. Here is a little sample...

The Quick Stitch Sentiments are a set of 4 dies. You get "thanks, hello, wish and love" in the set. What they do is punch holes in your project for you to stitch the word! How cool is that! Here I used some twine to stitch each letter a different color on my card.

I added some flowers and leaves from last month's Mini Blooms stamp set. I think Mini Blooms is becoming one of my favorite sets ever! It goes with everything!

A little peek at the dies...

And the twine colors I used on the card (just 'cause they are so pretty!) Twine is from The Twinery and the colors go great with the stamping ink colors by Papertrey Ink that I used, which were Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss.

Thanks To You card:
STAMPS: Mini Blooms
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold
PAPER: white cardstock
DIES: Quick Stitch Sentiments
OTHER: twine from The Twinery.
______

On my next card, I stitched on a birthday tag with a more neutral color scheme and tucked it inside a homemade pocket.

I used Fine Linen cardstock with white embossing powder. The leaves are stamped with Turning a New Leaf, the flower is made with a new set this month Rosie Posie Step 2. I used Soft Stone ink with Fine Linen on the flower, love how it turned out!

("Birthday" is from a new stamp set, Wonderful Words: Birthday. It has a chevron look to it, so pretty.) I stamped the word "birthday" first and then die cut the holes for the word "wish" over the top, so I would have a layered look when I stitched over the stamping.

My husband saw me creating these projects and he said, "why are you sewing on paper?" I had to laugh. He just doesn't understand the paper crafting world. :) I'm a big quilter and sewer, so a hand-stitched sentiment on a card would be like giving a little part of your heart and creativity to someone special!

Floral Birthday Wish card
STAMPS: Turning a New Leaf, Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Wonderful Words: Birthday
INK: True Black, Fresh Snow
PAPER: Fine Linen, white
DIES: Quick Stitch Sentiments, Rosie Posie, Buttoned Up #2 die
OTHER: washi tape, pearls, pin, felt, pom pom trim, embossing powder, Lily Resin Flower, floss.
______

On my last project, I tried the dies with Papertrey Ink felt and it worked perfectly! I punched "love" out of Melon Berry felt and used the felt piece on the front cover of a mini album.

This time I didn't back stitch, just put my needle through every other hole, which was very fast with the felt, because the felt bends easily to allow your needle to go up and down quickly and grab more than one stitch at a time. I used a Jenni Bowlin small mini album and some Crate Paper stickers behind the felt. The twine I used was Papertrey Ink's Rustic Twine.

I added "with all my heart" from this stamp set.

Love With All My Heart mini album:
STAMPS: With All My Heart
INK: True Black
PAPER: none
DIES: Quick Stitch Sentiments
OTHER: Jenni Bowlin mini album, Crate Paper stickers, White twill ribbon and Melon Berry felt by Papertrey Ink, button by Pink Paislee, Rustic Twine by Papertrey Ink, floral pin.
______

That's it for me! For more sneak peeks today, see Nichole Heady's blog and Melissa Phillips!



23 comments:

PStanley said...

That birthday tag is one of the prettiest handmade cards I have ever seen. It is just yummy!

Birgit said...

Your projects are all wonderful! The stitched sentiments are a great new way to add texture to stamping. Love em!

Kristie Goulet said...

Gosh, I love all your projects!

Michelle said...

Oh so very talented!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Soooo sweet Danielle! I've been dying to see what beautiful things you'd created with these dies. Love them all!
Melis

Nancy Penir said...

Love them all Danielle! Fav? Well, will be sewing with colored twine!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful projects. Love your color combo with Rosie Posie.

Holly Saveur said...

Great cards!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful creations Dani! LOve the stitched words!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love, love, love the stitching!

Debra Miller said...

Fantastic projects. Very cool dies. Deb

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. I love the sentimental feel of your projects.

Melonie said...

Great projects Danielle. I love the way you twisted and stitched that white ribbon on the mini album:)

Myoriah said...

Oh my gosh those dies are totally fabulous. I've been wanting to stitch on cards but really don't like the idea of making holes by hand. Your cards showcase the new dies perfectly. Love the colorful twine that you used.

Kathy H said...

Wonderful! I love the happy colors on the twine stitched card. Yummy!

jintyoo7 said...

Lovely, Danielle :)

Lindsey said...

Amazing...all of them!

Susan Gosman said...

OMG! Finally, I will be able to sew. Wonderful idea, can't wait to use it.

alison said...

LOve, Love, Love this look! Love the dies and the birthday die too! I will definitely NEED these in my stash. Please keep the stitched look coming. I love the dies, dont have a sewing machine, but love the look of stitching on my projects. The twine colors are so pretty too!

alison said...

LOve, Love, Love this look! Love the dies and the birthday die too! I will definitely NEED these in my stash. Please keep the stitched look coming. I love the dies, dont have a sewing machine, but love the look of stitching on my projects. The twine colors are so pretty too!

suzeyq said...

Love your cards and that adorable mini album! Can't wait to try these!

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the thank you note with the different colored twine...so cute!