Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yesterday I had the chance to play around with my Silhouette Cameo for a few minutes. Santa brought me one for Christmas, and I was a little intimidated to open it and get it going. BUT...it actually turned out to be super simple, and I'm wishing I would have tackled it sooner!
These are called the Decorative Circles by Karla Dudley from the Silhouette Digital Designs Shop. I cut the heart circle with a Melon Berry cardstock and the hello circle with Pure Poppy cardstock, then layered them together. I backed the circles with Basic Grey paper from the Konnichiwa line. Chevron paper is Nantucket by Pink Paislee, polkadot paper is Aqua Mist patterned paper. Background cardstock is Ocean Tides.
I stamped the background with a "just thinking of you" stamp from the Mat Stack 2 Collection with Hawaiian Shores ink and True Black ink. Loving the Cameo - and all you can do with it!

My girls are off school this week for a winter break, so I've been trying to keep them busy with swimming at the Y, sleepovers, doctor appointments for Kati (she has to have her tonsils out soon). Going to the Children's Museum today and having grandma over for her birthday dinner... busy, busy. Next week things should be back to our normal schedule! :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! Love the colors!

Ai Yen said...

Totally understands how you feel.. when I gotten my silhouette cutter I m so excited but kinda scare to use it too. After a few weeks later, I pick up my guts to install & connect it up.

Thanks for sharing your work. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Danielle. Maybe you can talk PTI into offering digi files.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Dani!

Art By Lakisha said...

Lovely card - I just love Karla's designs

Anne-Kristin said...

Such a pretty card! I love the reds and greens togehter!

Diana Waite said...

CUTE card!! My cameo should be here soon--nice to know it's an easy set up!

Heather Innusa said...

Love this - the colors, the design - and the twine!! Fabulous combo!

Maria Therese said...

Well hello!that was a pretty card ♥

Unknown said...

I just got a Silhouette cameo too, but I am scared to use it because I don't know what I'm doing. Any good tutorials that you have come across? What thickness was your cardstock?

famillemarleau said...

Very nice card. I love that heart. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Wahkuna said...

Love what you've done with the Cameo...seems I will have to look into this myself. I have a bosskut gazelle that I never, ever use, but I like the idea of having a die cutting machine that can cut virtually anything you design. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card design!! Love the color scheme!! Lisa

Diane Payne said...

I absolutely love that card! You are already a Cameo pro!

Creative Photo Albums said...

The stitching job is excellent. I also love the way you made the whole design more glamorous by adding the twine. The colors are vibrant and pleasing to the eyes too.

Annabella Merlin

TenSGal said...

I bought a Cameo a month or two back and am loving it! I just love the quality of the cuts! I've been using it for cards and scrapbook layouts...just posted one to my own blog this morning. I can't wait to see what all you do with yours, Danielle!