Sunday, February 12, 2012

Welcome to another Papertrey Ink group post! We are featuring a brand new stamp set called Sweet Spring, which will be available on the 15th. I made a little treat pocket and coordinating card, then I thought of some little boxes as place holders that would be fun for an Easter dinner table...or even as little party favors.

First, I made the treat pocket with the Front and Center die. I cut one from Lavender Moon cardstock and folded the bottom up, then machine stitched the sides. The little flowers, frame and sentiment are stamped with the new Sweet Spring stamps! I used Raspberry Fizz patterned paper to make the tiny flowers, just stamped over the polkadots on the paper and cut them out. The eggs are stamped with the NEW Scrambled Eggs stamp set and die cut with the Egg die.

Next is a card stamped with the flowers again, but I used a dark purple cardstock and Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist patterned papers for the flowers. The background is stamped with the buttterfly and swirls from the Sweet Spring set.



Last, I thought of some little boxes to fill with candies for treat favors or place holders at Easter dinner. For each box, I cut 2 strips of patterned paper 6" x 1/2". I placed them together in the center, glued the bottoms and folded up the sides, making sure the bottoms were 1 1/2" square.

You can make these boxes any size you want, just make sure you cut them the same width that you want the bottom of the box to be. So if you want 4x4" bottoms to your boxes, you'll cut your strips 4" wide.

I trimmed the tops with scalloped scissors on all four sides...
To keep these treat boxes really simple, I just taped the sides together on the inside corners of the boxes with Scotch tape, then covered the tape on the inside with some shredded cardstock. I tied ribbon around them to hold them together tighter. Add jellybeans or any fun candies.
Sweet Spring Ensemble:
Stamps: Sweet Spring, Scrambled Eggs
Ink: Autumn Rose, True Black, Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse, Lavender Moon
Paper: Lavender Moon cardstock, Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist patterned paper, yellow cardstock
Dies: Egg die, Front and Center die
Other: PTI ribbon.
----------

Visit the other girls to see what they've made with Sweet Spring and Scrambled Eggs!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh those treat boxes are adorable! Not to mention how cute is that basket?!!

Jessie said...

Danielle I love your projects!!! The little baskets rock!! I am going to make these for Easter for my friends!!

TenSGal said...

These are so sweet...love the little boxes and bags!

jan metcalf said...

Your stitched pocket is adorable!! So many ways this could be used!!

Evette K. said...

Found six eggs. ekciampo

Anonymous said...

davvero molto bello
complimenti
Moni

Ravengirl said...

These are completely darling! I love the simple decoration on your treat boxes!

Tracey said...

Your projects are so sweet! I love them!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects Danielle! :)

SugarGem said...

So awesome and darling. Lovely colors makes me want to get ready for Easter now.

Holly saveur said...

Gorgeous ..so sweet too!

Nancy said...

I will have to give that sweet little box a try!

Becky Green said...

SWEEEET! SWEEET! SWEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the little boxes!!!!!! :) All the spring colors! ALL the little things you've done to this project make it pop!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

These Easter projects are adorable and thanks for the tut! hugs

Marlena M. said...

Delightful projects, Danielle! I love the lolly boxes.

katy M. said...

Very cute! I found 1 egg

Aman said...

Spring colors are so refreshing this time of year! Looking forward to all the new goodies from PTI.

Karey said...

Thanks for the little box idea. It will be fun to play with it this spring.

Gabby said...

Darling pocket card and the little card w/gingham is so cute, too. Love those easy-to-make treat cups. TFS these projects! :)

Kimberly said...

BEAUTIFUL projects! You are such an AMAZING crafter! xx :)
Loves,
K

C said...

Adorable!! Love both the pocket card and those little sweet boxes.

Kari D said...

OH MY GOODNESSES! I love these little boxes. LOVE THEM! With the crinkled up cardstock? Really? SO ADORABLE! LOVE THIS!

Creative Photo Albums said...

Oh the sticthed pocket is a wower. I love the colors and this collection is very heartwarming.

Annabella Merlin

Keshet said...

So pretty, Danielle!