Sunday, February 5, 2012

I've been with Papertrey Ink since February of 2011, exactly a year now, and what a year it has been! Becoming a designer here has been a wonderful experience for me. Papertrey has truly the best bunch of girls - each with a heart of gold. Everyone was welcoming to me from day one. We chat a lot about our daily lives, and it's so nice to be able to trust and confide in them! Not only are they all creative, but so very genuine as well. I feel proud to be a part of this group!
I have learned a lot about myself as a designer this past year. It's funny because I never really thought of myself as a stamper when PTI asked me to join. I loved making cards, but had limited stamp sets. I used mostly just patterned paper and punches. I've learned a lot from the other team members this year, and it challenged me when I saw their beautiful, innovative work with stamps and dies! The possibilities really amazed me! I loved the challenges Nichole gave us each month, sometimes they pushed me slightly beyond my comfort zone, and that is always a good thing. I have to tell you that being on this team really ignited my passion for paper crafting again!! What can I say...stamping is fun! :)
One of my favorite projects from this past year were these Butterfly Birthday Party Invitations I made for my daughter's 6th birthday. The possibilities of creating with these Glassine Bags are endless. So many fun things you can do with them! Love how they are so light and airy, and love how whatever you put inside peeks through! My daughter loved these invitations to bits!

I used Spring Mix buttons on this project as well - can't go wrong with these when you have two daughters to scrapbook and years of party invitations to make. :) The stamps are the Blooming Button Bits, so cute. I think all of the Button Bits sets are some of the most creative stamp sets I've seen.

My last 2 favorite Papertrey items are Pure Poppy ink, because I seem to use that one and Hawaiian Shores the MOST out of all my inks....and lastly, the Rustic Twine, which I could use on every single project.

Papertrey Ink has a challenge on their blog today, based on the designers' favorite projects. Choose one project and create something using that as your inspiration. You may win a HUGE collection of Papertrey Ink products!

21 comments:

Deirdre said...

I love these little packages - so adorable. Thanks for sharing your favourite five with us.

June K said...

Danielle, your Butterfly Birthday Invites are one of my favorites. I already had it saved as an inspiration. In fact this is the project that "made me" order some glassine bags. Now I just need to decorate some and put to good use.

Unknown said...

You're totally amazing with PTI! I think you're just fabulous.

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you so much!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Happy anniversary! Love this project you picked today! It's gorgeous!! The favorite things you picked as well! I've never created anything with the glassine bags you mention, but it's tempting the way you write about it and show us this gorgeous example! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Hugs, Wendy

SugarGem said...

This is one of my many favorites of yours. You always amaze me with your eye for creativity. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us.

Holly Saveur said...

Great project you have chosen,love all your work!

Unknown said...

Oh I do love those invitations! Thank you for making wonderful creations this past year, Danielle!My dd is expecting her second dd and I am going to use your project for inspiration in making our invites to a "welcome to the world" party for the baby.

cjgusloff57 said...

Your projects always get me so enthused and I think I need some of those glassine bags also. I have been "eyeing" all the little bags for so long but have not bought any of them. Thanks for all your inspiration and continued success!

Nancy said...

What adorable sweet invitations! I may have to try those cute little bags, myself! Thank you for the inspiration!

Maureen Chandler said...

These invitations are just darling! Love how you designed the bags - very sweet. Thanks for sharing these!

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous!!!!!

Melissa said...

Loved this project when I first saw it, and I love it even more now! I'm so excited to see what you'll do with PTI this next year. Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration that you provide!

I made a card inspired by your project: http://melissaspaperie.blogspot.com/2012/02/birthday-wishes.html :)

Lou Spiden said...

Hi Danielle,
Popping in to share some PTI Birthday month LOVE :) You are my color-go-to girl - you know how to rock the colors together! And I really love all your 'projects other than cards' WOW
Lou

Sarah Mullanix said...

This is one of my favorites of yours, the colors are beautiful and eye cathing and you always add such wonderful details and eye candy to all of your work!! :)

Linda said...

Love those bags! Wish I knew how to pin them.

Elisa said...

love those invitations!!!
they inspire!!!!
thanks

Becky Green said...

I LOVE the little glassine envelopes!!!!!! (They're one of my FAVORITE things!) :) LOVE how you've decorated them!!!!!!! :)

Diana Waite said...

oh, my these are LOVELY!

Diane said...

These are so gorgeous....what a treasure it would of been to receive one of these...love your creations ... so beautiful!!

Kari D said...

What a great post, Danielle. I had NO IDEA you didn't think of yourself as a stamper before joining the PTI DT. You certainly knock every project you do out of the park! Glad you are on the team!