Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hi everyone! It's the 15th, and that means we get to share the rest of our Papertrey Ink projects for this month! All of these FUN new products for the month will be up for sale today.
I had a lot of fun stamping the frames on this card with the new Framed Out #1 stamp set! LOVE this set! I used Dark Chocolate for the middle frame, Classic Kraft ink in the center, and Fine Linen ink for the outside frames. The tag behind the white is cut with the Half & Half dies with new Aqua Mist patterned paper.
Thank You So Very Much card:
Stamps: Framed Out #1, Movers & Shakers sentiments (I appreciate you)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Fine Linen, Raspberry Fizz, Canyon Clay, Orange Zest, True Black
Paper: white cardstock, kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper
Dies: Half & Half
Other: Aqua Mist button by PTI, Basic Grey brad, rustic twine by PTI, Twinery Twine (teal).
-------------

On the next card, I cut a Papertrey Ink calendar page as my card base (cut down slightly), and used the new Framed Out #1 die to cut a hole in the card. On the inside, I used the Framed Out #1 stamps for the frames and sayings!

I punched little paper "confetti" with my hole puncher and added some brads to give dimension to my confetti! Here you can see the card standing up and the hole in the front of the card.
I stamped the big Happy Birthday using the new Think Big Favorites #13 stamp set with Pure Poppy ink.

Pin It
  Birthday Confetti card:
Stamps: Framed Out #1, Think Big Favorites #13
Ink: Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores
Paper: Calendar Pages by PTI
Dies: Framed Out #1
Other: Basic Grey brads, Hawaiian Shores Grosgrain Ribbon by PTI
-------------

Next, we have some little girly birthday cards with flower barrettes attached to the fronts! I used one of the new Frilly Flowers dies to cut these little felt flowers and stamped the Frilly Flowers leaves! It's a card and a little gift in one...
Here you can see the back. I simply attached the petals together with a hot glue gun, and attached a hair clip onto the back with hot glue also. I cut a notch out of the paper on the card to slip them on the card front. I just used a circle punch to do that and slid the punch into the paper half way to punch out the notch.
With these flowers, you can stack them two ways. I die cut the 3 flowers out of Papertrey Ink felt. On the yellow flower, I staggered the flowers, so the petals laid opposite each other when I hot glued them together. On the Aqua Mist felt flower, the petals are stacked more evenly. Funny how they look so different - but equally as cute though! The tops of the flowers are by Maya Road. I thought they would make cute centers. :)
The sentiments were stamped with the new Movers & Shakers stamps.
This is what the card looks like before clipping the flower to the card. How fun would a little package of barrettes or headbands be for a birthday gift - or as cute (and inexpensive) party favors?
 Pin It
Wishing You cards with Birthday Barrettes:
Stamps: Frilly Flowers (leaves), Movers & Shakers Sentiments
Ink: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores
Paper: Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, Raspberry Fizz Pattern Pack, 
Pure Poppy cardstock
Dies: Frilly Flowers dies
Other:  Maya Road flower centers.
-------------

"Brighten Your Day" card was made with a new stamp set and dies called Lighten Up and Lighten Up Sentiments. I stamped, "wish I could lighten your load" on the inside of the card with Lighten Up Sentiments. This card is a little more modern for me, but the stamp set screamed modern, so I ran with it and used a modern design with a modern color palette!

Everything is by Papertrey Ink here. I cut a piece of cardstock up for the light "rays" and stitched it back onto my card. I stamped off the Smokey Shadow gray ink to make it a bit lighter before stamping the lamp base.
Brighten Your Day card:
Stamps: Lighten Up, Lighten Up Sentiments
Ink: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Orange Zest
Paper: Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold, white cardstock
Dies: Lighten Up
Other: pop dots.
-------------

Next up, I used the Background Basics: Medallion with the new Beautiful Butterflies...

I punched two small holes in the corner and hung a little butterfly banner inside - a fun surprise to whoever opens the card!

Two little hearts from Love Lives Here dies make cute butterfly antennae...

 Friendship Lightens Every Burden:
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies, Lovely Leaves (sentiment), Background Basics: Medallions
Ink: Autumn Rose, True Black, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Kraft, Lavendar Moon, Canyon Clay, Plum Pudding cardstock,
Autumn Abundance pattern paper by PTI
Dies: Beautiful Butterflies, Love Lives Here (scalloped circle and mini hearts), Eyelet Lace Border die
Other:  PTI button,twine and felt.
-------------

Here is a card set made with Maile's new Beautiful Butterflies set. I stamped a couple of the butterflies with Summer Sunrise and stamped again without re-inking, creating a lighter butterfly of the same color. The bottom butterfly is stamped with Orange Zest. I added a plaid oval from the Sweet Spring set.



Beautiful Butterflies card set:
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies, Sweet Spring
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz, True Black
Paper: White cardstock
Dies: none
Other:  PTI Aqua Mist button,twine.
-------------

"With Gratitude" was made with a new stamp set called Lovely Leaves.
I stamped the tree trunk and sentiment, then used new Classic Kraft ink on kraft cardstock and punched out a few little circles. The hearts rub ons are from the Sweetness line by Pink Paislee. I really like how the Sweet Blush cardstock looked with the Melon Berry cardstock!
With Gratitude card:
Stamps: Lovely Leaves
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Paper: Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, and Kraft cardstock by PTI
Dies: Mega Mat Stack 5 die
Other: Sweetness Press Ons by Pink Paislee, Twinery twine, Little Yellow Bicycle heart pin.
-------------

"Girl Talk" was made with the new Heart-2-Heart1 # stamps and Heart-2-Heart #1 die (coffee mug).
To stamp the sentiment on a curve, I bent the "let's get together" stamp around in a half circle before sticking it to the stamping block.
Girl Talk card:
Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #1
Ink: True Black, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy
Paper: kraft and Aqua Mist cardstock, white cardstock, It's Official Patterned paper pack by PTI, Nantucket paper by Pink Paislee
Dies: Heart-2-Heart #1, Heart Border, 2" circle punch, heart punch
Other: Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon.
-------------

This card is made with the Lighten Up Sentiments.
I also combined the Love Lives Here stamps and dies, along with Background Basics: Houndstooth and a Wonderful Words die. I didn't have a small square punch, so to make the smaller squares, I used a 2" square punch and then cut the 2" squares into 4 smaller squares.
 You Brighten My Day card:
Stamps: Love Lives Here, Lighten Up Sentiments, 
Background Basics: Houndstooth
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black by PTI, Chewing Gum (pink) by JBS
Paper: Pure Poppy and Sweet Blush cardstock, Creme cardstock, brown cardstock, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer paper
Dies: Love Lives Here, Wonderful Words die
Other: circle punch, square punch, corner rounder, Twinery twine 
------------

Well, I hope I've inspired you to go make a card or two. Don't forget to see what the other gals have been up to this month as well...

30 comments:

Alba Linea said...

wow! soooo many superpretty cards! looks like a lot of work and fun too! have a creative week! my best wishes! di
;0)

Diana Waite said...

I'm ALWAYS amazed at your GORGEOUS UNIQUE creations! These cards are pure eye candy!

jan metcalf said...

Especially love your butterfly string and the geometrics with Lighten up!!

Unknown said...

So many gorgeous cards!! Fabulous work!

Melissa said...

Oooohhhh my cuteness Danielle! All of your cards are just darling. I especially love your Frilly Flower clips and that With Gratitude is the cutest thing ever!
Melis

Wendy Hammer (Reed) said...

I LOVE all your cards, but the hair clip card is so adorable!!!

Sarah Jacqueline said...

SO many beautiful, creative cards! I kept getting so excited when I scrolled down and saw there were even more. :) I love all of your stamping! I'd like to order some Papertrey Ink ink pads. Which colors would you recommend?

conil said...

OK, I'm officially in awe of your skill. Every one of these projects ROCK!

Linda said...

It is all so wonderful:)

Melonie said...

These are all so fantastic that I don't even know where to begin with commenting:) I LOVE the aqua that you used in all of these. Now I want to go and find some aqua in my stash and make something...anything with it! Also those little flower barrettes are beyond adorable!! LOVE them! Great stuff Dani!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Beyond AMAZING!! I can hardly contain my EXCITMENT!! =) That butterfly banner inside of the card is just way too AWESOME!! Such a GREAT idea and I know we will be seeing this card-lifted ALL over the place!! =) THANKS For sharing your creations are just too cute for words!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jennifer said...

You are so talented!

jintyoo7 said...

Amazing work, especially love the butterfly banner :o)

Tami McBeain said...

Amazing cards, I so love your style!

Nadine said...

Oh my, I am in love with your birthday confetti card! I happen to have a couple sheets from last year that I never used…now I know exactly what Im doing with them! Great release projects!

claudia shadler said...

lovely cards Danielle, I especially like the handmade hair clips, so adorable and cute!

Hugs,
C :)

Reija/Sweden said...

You are the most talented cardmaker I've ever seen. Your cards are outstanding! I visit your blog everyday and hope you'll never stop sharing your talent. Have a great day!

Gabby said...

WONDERFUL array of cards! One after the next that inspired and delighted me. You have such a talent, Danielle. I love your "FRESH" style and the way you combine design elements. TFS all of these wonderful cards! :)

Kari D said...

OH MY GOODNESSES! Where do I begin? Each and every card is amazing! Your two framed out cards were amazing! LOVE the colors and the design twists and....ok, love the post! Happy February Release!

famillemarleau said...

Your cards are very beautiful. You always come up with great ideas. I love following your blog. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Anne said...

awww those hairclips are adorable, wish my little one would let me put some in her hair, soon..
and I really like your heart tree card, those color work great together!!

The Mize of Texas said...

You have become one of my favorite designers! Great work!

Unknown said...

beautiful as always Danielle! your card making skillz is just so Awesome! always look forward to seeing your designs arrive in my inbox through papertrey ink :)

Renee V said...

Danielle - I can't find anything about Customer Reward Points on PTI, can you help? I tried to look at the FAQ on Nichole's page but it's blank and appears to be under construction ;(
Your cards are gorgoeus, I'm loving the confetti & the comeback of the brad! Got tons of them I can use! TIA!

trooppetrie said...

i am new to your blog and wanted to say hi. seeing your blog makes me want to pull my stamps out again

Natt Smith said...

Hi Danielle

If I didn't miss read all those felt are from Papertray Ink right ? Because I have been looking for felt that able to cut with die cut :(

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Natt, Yes all the felt is from Papertrey Ink that I used here! :)
Danielle

Taheerah said...

I think your posts are the ones I look forward to the most out of all the DT! Love every single one of these projects, but the same could be said about every single thing that you post! Thank you *so* much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It totally made my day!! xo

Liz said...

Beautiful Cards!

Creative Photo Albums said...

My top choice? - The calendar card. It looks very elegant and creative. I love how the minimal embellishment used in the small canvass turn out to catch my attention.

Annabella MErlin