Sunday, September 26, 2010

back 2 school...

Even though school has begun, it's not too late to give a teacher a gift to let her know you appreciate the role she has in your child's life! 2 Peas in a Bucket asked me to be a guest designer for their Back To School event, so I've put together a little teacher gift set with Pink Paislee's NEW Old School line... including a "Grade A Teacher" card, a gift box with a fun chalkboard top and a mini album made with the Flip Notes journaling pad to hold school photos!

100% Grade A Teacher card: To create this card, first cut a brown cardstock card base 10 3/4" x 5 1/4". Fold in half. The fold will be at the top of this card. Next cut a strip of Pink Paislee's Old School - Curriculum paper 5" x 1 1/2". Adhere to top of card. Back one of the Old School clear cards with white cardstock, so it will show up nicely against your card. Trim around clear card and attach. Adhere Old School sticker letters to spell "grade A teacher". Attach banner stickers, stars and 100. Then adhere an Old School metal badge that says % on it. Finished card size: approximately 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".


 
I found some cute, inexpensive chalkboards and chalk and wrapped them up with twine, then added an Old School clear card and a star sticker from the sticker sheet.
 
Gift Box with chalkboards: I used a paper mache box that was 7" x 7" square from the craft store and wanted to create a teacher gift box to fill with all kinds of pencils, notepads and things teachers can use! It was pretty inexpensive, only about $1. I used the Pink Paislee Old School Curriculum paper (front and back) to cover the bottom portion of the box . For the lid, I wanted to do something creative with it. I found some really neat Con-tact chalkboard paper that you can write on with chalk! It is made by Decora, Inc. It peels and sticks right on, so I measured the lid and covered each piece of the lid with this paper. To dress up the center, I cut a strip of the Old School- Prep School paper for the center and added the teacher's name with sticker letters. Then the other pieces are Old School - Canvas Borders cut to the width of the lid. Just peel and stick them...super easy! Last, I wrote "Welcome back!" and "1 + 2 = 3" on it with chalk.

 
2010-11 School Pictures mini album: I thought it would be fun to use the little Old School Flip Notes as a mini album to hold school photos. You know the wallet sized ones that you get from each child? They fit perfectly in this little album and there are 16 pages, so there is a lot of room for all kinds of pictures.(The Flip Notes come just like this already on a spiral binder!) I think I might make one of these for my daughter to keep her friends' photos in also! All I did to dress this up is first added an Old School sticker to the front (abc's). I also added sticker numbers to spell out the year. I used the Old School rub ons to add "school pictures", the camera and the red flowers.

The colors in the Old School line are gorgeous for beautiful fall scrapbooking pages too (see the fall page below!). I hope you will check out this line at your local scrapbooking store!

8 comments:

Melonie said...

Fantastic stuff as always Dani!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dani!!! Just awesome!

Jocelyn said...

These are all just wonderful...I love the little chalkboards with the wrapped chalk.....tooo cute!!!

Wishing you a great afternoon!!!

jen said...

gorgeous projects!! great inspiration for teacher gifts- and that old school line is awesome!!

Elisa said...

how amazing projects!!! love all of them...i wish I was your children´teacher :)

Kay said...

Loving the Old School line!!! These projects are divine! Your creativity and talent is a blessing to see. Thank you for always sharing your unbelievable creations with us, Danielle! ♥♥ Kay

Shirley said...

Such a cute card and love those chalkboards! You must be a favorite parent of the teachers!

Jennifer Yates said...

I don't know which post to comment on first!!! LOL! Your work is so inspirational and beautiful!!! Love it all! :)
OH! Congrats on the October cover of SBT!!!!! Whoo hoo! I knew it was yours when I saw it! :))