Thursday, June 17, 2010

enjoy the journey...

This month the Tattered Angels team got to work with some Pink Paislee goodies as well. I was excited! Even though I get to work with Pink Paislee all the time, I feel so comfortable with their products. The mix of shabbiness with color is right up my alley.
I had time to make a quick card yesterday. With my uncle passing from cancer last week and Kati's birthday party and babysitting, I've haven't had much time to think about scrapbooking. Actually I've been thinking a lot about life lately and what I want out of it. Deep stuff... :)

Anyway, back to the card... I created a matchbook card base and punched the edge of the flap for an added detail. I used the Cupid journaling card in the background, along with some Artisan tape! I wanted to try a new color combo. (well new to me) I thought the purples, grays and blues would be pretty.

The chipboard piece is Tattered Angels chipboard from the Tattered Traveler line. It's embossed and so neat. I sprayed it with Turquoise Blue Glimmer Mist and then sanded the raised portions. The "enjoy the journey" and the stars are stamps from the 365 Degrees line by Pink Paislee. I sprayed the seam binding with Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist, it's so soft and shiny in real life!

I was thinking you could use this sentiment with a graduation card, but maybe even a retirement card. My daughter has a teacher that is retiring this year and tomorrow is her going away party. I think I might give her this card. I'm sure she'll enjoy the journey of retirement!
That's it for me today....I'm off to my daughter's Field Day at school. She's running the hurdles today, so I'm equipped with my Flip and off we go! Have a good one,
Danielle

11 comments:

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous as ever! thanks for the comment on my card over at 2Peas.

Mommy and Me said...

So very pretty!
Chelsea
http://mommyandmeblog.blogspot.com

LucianaW said...

Hi Danu...this a great card! Is so sweet!!
I lived!
Kisses from Brazil

Leslie Ashe said...

Dani, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these colors! :D

Keshet said...

So beautiful!

Mel said...

Beautiful card Dani!! Love the colors and so sorry about your Uncle. (((HUGS)))

Elizabeth said...

Danielle hi there! Hope all is well with you. I am very sorry to hear about your uncle.

I do love the card, it's different and that's totally cool! You make the most beautiful cards ever!

Hope that field day was really fun for you all! Have a great weekend.
e.

Wendy said...

this is a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!! enjoy your week, Dani! :)

Regina Mangum said...

I'm so glad you took the time to stop by my blog to leave me such a sweet comment...mostly because it led me back to your amazing blog. Your work is stunning. Thank you so much for the good wishes and for the inspiration!

Kay said...

This matchbook style card is wonderful! I've got to it sometime! The various colors you used work so well together. Wow!

I'm o sorry to read about your uncle and it sounds like you've had a lot going on. Maybe you'll be able to slow down a little bit this summer. :) Big hugs to you!!
♥♥ Kay