Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday's trend...

Morning! Today I had "Thursday's Trend" on the Pink Paislee blog and decided to do a little tutorial on how to make these ribbon flowers. Stop over to their blog to see, these flowers are very easy to make! I have been seeing a lot of people making their own flowers lately. It's a great way to save money. (And fun too!)

For this page, I combined some of the Bayberry Cottage papers (green die cut and houndstooth) with some of the 365 line (background paper, red swirl paper, ribbon, brad, dark green paper). I had to cut some of the houndstooth letters down since I was out of L's, V's and E's. I used a T for the L, a Y for V, and an 8 for the E.

The photos are of my girls this past summer. They have a crazy sort of sisterly love that cracks me up. :)

Another trend in scrapbooking that I've been seeing a lot lately are titles and journaling done on vellum. I didn't use vellum here, I just printed the big title directly onto my patterned paper, but I think I achieved a similar look. I still have vellum from several years ago! It pays to be a pack rat sometimes. lol

What are some other trends you love right now? I had some other thoughts when doing my page....doilies are hot now, banners, punches, simple/quick pages, handcutting designs out of patterned paper, vintage, stitching....

Danielle

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh girl! This is stunning!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Heidi G said...

Okay, you asked what trends I love right now--anything Melissa Frances--shappy chic.

On another note I tried to follow your video on making the crepe paper roses and failed miserably. I could not figure out the fold over. I am going to have to put it in slow motion and watch very carefully. It's not you, it's me!!! And that is not fun!!!

Wahkuna said...

Lovely! I need to check out how to make those paper flowers! And I love the houndstooth patterned paper!! :-)

Frances said...

Wonderful layout! I cannot wait to get my hands on that pleated ribbon...it is to die for!

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

Lovely LO, colors are fab! and the embellish are gorgeous!
TFS

Kay said...

OMGoodness! Your girls are adorable!! Those are some precious photos! The pops of red on your layout are stunning and your "fussy" cutting is perfection!
One trend I'm loving right now is embossing. ♥♥ Kay

Sasha Farina said...

loving the color scheme here dani!