Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy day...

Happy new year! I can't believe it's 2010. Time sure flies, doesn't it? Hope you had a safe New Year's Eve.

We had some friends over, had pizza, played Apples to Apples and some poker and Black Jack, then at 11:30 we watched New Year's Rockin Eve until the ball dropped! Did anyone else feel bad for Dick Clark? It made me so sad to see him that way.

Well, anyway... Friday (after sleeping in!) I finally felt like scrapping again and made this page just for fun. I felt like making something colorful. I took these photos on 9.9.09 of Taylor playing on the swingset. That day we had so much fun ~ Taylor, Kati and I....we made a dessert together, made PB&J sandwiches, and then took a picnic blanket outside on the grass and had a picnic and played on the swingset. Nice summer day. Oh how I long for summer again!!

I got this stamp set by Technique Tuesday and decided I wanted to keep the chipboard numbers at the top their natural color, but they needed a little something to dress them up. So I used the saying to stamp across them. (It's the same saying that is under the word "happy".)

The foam letters were white, but I really wanted yellow, so I painted them with acrylic paint. I think they are just some that I found at the Dollar Tree.

The Bakers' twine is my new favorite!! I purchased it from Studio Calico, and it comes in MANY colors. I couldn't resist. To make the hearts, I wrapped the twine around 3 of my fingers to form a circle and then stitched it onto my page to form a heart shape.

Background paper is Basic Grey, large chipboard letters are Random Alphabet by Rusty Pickle, pins are Fancy Pants. Feels good just to use up some of my stash.

Wishing YOU a happy day,

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun page, Danielle!! it always feels nice to create just for YOU! :)

LisaNRoxy said...

Dani - I love this layout - so bright and fun - it made me smile and wish for summer too!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Beautiful sunny LO :) I like what you did with the twine!

Gema S.Castillo said...

A beautiful page!!! The hearts are so lovely. I love your style, is really tender and special. Kisses from Spain.

Unknown said...

What a stunning page Dani, girl, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity!... the twine hearts?! pure genius!!
happy new year to you & yours!
(((hugs)))~
rae

Unknown said...

I love the hearts - what a great idea - and always love your work Dani - Happy New Year!

Melonie said...

Love this Dani! Great pics of Taylor! Happy New Year!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

what a fabulous LO! love all the details and how you did the title!

Lea L. said...

Very cute layout! Happy New Year to you Danielle! Hope your year is filled with goodness!

♥Lea

Unknown said...

That's a very nice LO ! I'm a silent visitor usually, but on this day I can't pass on wishing you a happy new year Danielle ! May lova, health and success be with you in 2010 (and later !)

Suzy Girl said...

Love the LO and Happy 2010 to you and your family. I cannot get enough of bakers twine also. love, love, love it!

Raechelle Bellus said...

Love this happy and energetic layout! The stamps and twine hearts are really fun! Happy New Year!

madcapfrenzy said...

too cute! I love your hearts with the baker's twine. And there's nothing wrong with DollarTree letters...too cute!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Got to love this ! Happy New Year :) !

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!! Wonderful, colorful, LO!! Love it!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous page!!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I see you are now "Pink"!!! Also - congrats on the PC Connection card!! Love your schtuff, girl! I'm sure I'll bump into you again soon. Happy New Year!