Wednesday, May 13, 2009

With Love, Mom

I truly love being a mom. I'm not saying it's easy by any means! That's for sure. But there is just something so special and rewarding about having children and seeing them blossom and learn and grow into the people they are to become. It's fascinating!

For the Dream Street blog this month, I was to create an altered project about a mom or grandmother. I looked around and I don't have a lot of photos of my mom. We don't get to see them that often and she doesn't like her picture taken. I don't know why because she is beautiful!! You can bet I will try to get more pics next time I see her! Anway, I digress...

So, what I came up with is a little mini album from me to my girls about what I love about being their mother. I used Dream Street's Forever Family line of papers and rub ons. Looove the colored rub ons so much! OK here it is....
(click on photos to see them larger)










Supplies:
Papers and colored rub ons: Forever Family by Dream Street
Mini album and leaf pin: Maya Road
Black saying rub ons and some of the pearls: Melissa Frances
String pearls: Prima
Swirl chipboard: Bo Bunny
Brad: K&Co.
Other: creme colored paint, maching stitching, twine.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a terrific day!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly, Truly beautiful!! I love the colors and always your creativity!!!

Diana Waite said...

GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing this great project!

Unknown said...

Dani, this is GORGEOUS!! absolutely beautiful work girl!!
hugs!!
~♥~rae

Brandi Talmadge said...

WOW! I'm totally in love with this mini album! Your talent of pulling everything together amazes me. Thank you for sharing with us :)

Melonie said...

Ok I know I sound like a broken record but I LOVE this! Every little thing about it is perfection. Beautiful.

Nicole said...

Gorgeous! Love how you wrapped the string around the pages and added all those pearls!

Anonymous said...

I love that.. very cute.

GretaB said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous! What a precious gift to your girls, to show them how much you love being their mom. Very special album.

Vanessa said...

I bet your mother cried. My eyes welled up with tears looking at this. It is just so beautiful! I wanted to know how you stitched on chipboard? It looks like machine stitching, but could a sewing machine handle it? Thanks!

Nancy Wyatt said...

That is so beautiful!! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

janet said...

This book is amazing, Dani! I love all the wonderful details! Beautiful pics too!

Andrea said...

Just Beautiful, Danielle!!

PattiM said...

Beautiful LO, I love it...

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!

Bea said...

it,s so sweet!!!! beauty!!

Gribouille said...

It's very very nice !!! I love it !!!

Lisa said...

Danielle, some projects are cute, some funky, some fun...yours...BEAUTIFUL! And I mean that as the highest form of praise!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful album and treasure to keep!

Laina said...

So stunning. Love it Dani!

roree said...

Gorgeous project, Dani! So very sweet!

Staci Taylor said...

Every time I see this mini, i find more and more things to love! Absolutely stunning, and i know the girls will cherish this!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I love the Dream Street papers!

Jeannie Phillips said...

This is so stunning...and so sweet... I love love it... I love your work... you are a true artist.

Hugs
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

such a pretty vintage feel to this mini, it is lovely!

Sasha Farina said...

what a gorgeous album.. your children are so lucky!`

ellen s. said...

it is seriously gorgeous!

Kay said...

Oh Danielle, what a lovely, special album your girls will have. I just stare at all the little details you always add to your projects. Everything from the stitching, to the pearls and lace and rub ons. This is beautiful in every way! Thank you for sharing it with us. ♥♥ Kay

sandra02 said...

Very beautiful !!!!!!

Manuela said...

Adorable!!! I love your blog and yours projects!!! Manuela (from Brasil)