Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is in the air...

It was a beautiful day yesterday. We had fun outside getting some fresh air, and I'm getting the ITCH for spring! Can't wait to do some gardening again. I also had fun creating some spring cards with some of the new Attic Treasures and Fresh Twist lines from Melissa Frances over the weekend....Beauty of Spring card: I created a little kite on this one with some scraps and used a spring rub on for the "tail".
Melissa Frances products used:
Maxine, Charlotte, Peyton, Lilly, Abigail and Haley papers
White Pearls
Fresh Twist die cut
Doodles Transfers (bee and swirl)
Spring Fling Transfers (saying)
Other: Machine stitching and brown chalk
_________________________

Spring is in the Air card: I created a little flower with the die cut and some ribbon loops. Added pom pom trim, a bit of embroidery floss and a silk flower in the middle. I used a hot glue gun for these items, as it works much better than adhesive.

Melissa Frances products used:
Maxine die cut paper and Lilly paper
White Pearls
Fresh Twist die cut
Spring Fling Transfers (saying)
Other: ribbon, silk flower, pom pom trim, embroidery floss
_______________________

Some Bunny (Hearts) You card: I used 2 oval shaped stickers to create Easter eggs and glittered them up a bit! Cut the die cut journaling spot down and used as a little tag for the Happy Easter sentiment.

Melissa Frances products used:
Lilly paper
White Pearls
Fresh Twist die cut
Spring Fling Transfers (saying)
Thankful Date Prompt Stickers (pink oval)
Light Date Prompt Stickers (green oval)
Other: white cardstock, lace, twine, pearl string from craft supply
Glitter: Pixee Stix in Coconut by Pink Paislee
Brown Chalk
_______________________

Boy card: I used the Attic Treasures die cut paper and cut it in half, then folded it in half again to create this unique card shape. Added some punched circles and stitched on them to resemble buttons. Created this one for the next challenge at Cardalicious this week: to create a card using circles, stars and stitching.

Melissa Frances products used:
Wilma die cut paper and Maxine (circles)
Fresh Twist die cuts
Baby Boy Transfers
Other: ribbon is Offray
, black embroidery floss

31 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh my! Dani! I can always count on some serious card inspo when I come here! Everything is just beautiful girl!

just lisa said...

such soft and pretty colors! Loving that kite and all your work with ribbon!!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards, Dani!
You blow me away with your amazing talent!!

Anonymous said...

You just take my breath away!! They cards are FANTASTIC!!!!! Have a wonderful week Dani!!

Tracey Taylor said...

You make the most beautitful cards. I think the kite one is my fav of this group. Gorgeous...each and every one.

Amy said...

Ok, I am officially challenged to get away from a square card. I LOVE that you used all different shapes. Your work is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Dani! LOVE that Melissa Frances line... it's got such beautiful colors and patterns. TFS! Amy Tara

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the kite one... those Melissa Frances products are just darling... very fresh and springy!

Steph said...

eeek, Danielle, these cards are so pretty!! My favourtie is the kite one...such a clever idea! I can't wait to get my hands on the new MF stuff :)

Anonymous said...

these are all great!I love the boy and kite card, if you want, you should check out my blog, I used fabric for a couple of my cards and I know you like to sew :)

TriciaNae said...

I love, love, love the kite card. It is too adorable. Thanks for sharing...I'm feeling all inspired now!

Ingrid said...

What can I say, Dani? Your cards are stunning....as always. I have to check the Cardalicious blog, because I love using circles, stars and stitching.

Jennifer said...

wow! Gorgeous creations!!

Shirley said...

What gorgeous cards Dani and that kite is so cute! It's always so inspiring to see what you've created!

الفرقد أبو الفرقد said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dria said...

Amazing wonderful cards!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, my, Dani!! Your cards never cease to amaze me. You are SO creative. Each card is a masterpiece. How do you keep coming up with such unique and beautiful ideas?

Linda Beeson said...

All of your cards are totally amazing but oh how I love that adorable little kite! What a cute idea.

zcdl said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!

Linda said...

Total Awesome.........your cards look way too hard to do. Love to see your workshop......take a picture and post sometime---the place where you create HAS to be inspiring.
Blessings,
Linda @ Kindlelight Blessings

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful creations Danielle :) ♥

Melonie said...

Amazing cards Dani! Love the kite.

Kay said...

Danielle, these are unbelievable!!! I can't say enough how amazing your work is!! Beautiful!! Kay

Dolores said...

Your cards are just jaw dropping, I love the kite one the most.

Millie said...

I love the kite...hmmm...what can I do with this?

Babydoll said...

Awesome work!! I love all of the cards, but the egg card is my favorite.

Amanda Winchester said...

Love these, especially that kite! So cute!

Shelley Haganman said...

Incredible cards! The kite is my favorite!

Ginny said...

I love the colors you choose!

merceme said...

I like your creative eggs. I'm starting to sew on my creative works now. Thanks for the hints.

Amiee said...

I LOVE your easter eggs and what you did to them...such a clever woman with great talent and the cards...sooo pretty love em hope you dont mind me makin some of my own. Oh and I cannot wait to catch some sun fuzzies my self. LOL