Monday, October 8, 2007

A new technique for your stamps...

I saw this technique for using stamps on Scrapbook Lifestyle last night and had to try it! (click on card to see it closer)

Scan your stamp with a scanner (or take it to a photocopy shop). Enlarge the scanned image and print it out to the size you want. (Here I used a witch stamp that is fairly small..only about 1 and 1/2' x 1'. I printed it out at 4' high and used this as my pattern to create a paper pieced image for a Halloween card!) I simply cut out the pieces from the pattern I printed out...her boots, legs and dress, and used them to trace onto patterned paper and put them back together on my card! Voila! You have your very own custom paper-pieced image!

Card says, "trick or treat..smell my feet!" DT work for Create My Keepsake's Oct. Halloween mini kit! I hope you will give it a try and link your cards or layouts here..I'd love to see them!
Danielle

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

OH DANI...........THIS IS TO STINKIN CUTE......YES MY LETTERS ARE IN BIG BECAUSE I LOVE THIS CARD GIRLFRIEND............regina

Karen Brooks said...

This is just darling Dani!!! I have that stamp and never, ever thought of doing that!!! Thank you!!!